Strawberries and yogurt. Yup, that’s it. These sweet and healthy frozen yogurt covered strawberries require just two ingredients and no time at all. They’re a perfect frozen treat for your dog and you!
Nothing beats an icy cold treat on a hot summer day. Actually, I enjoy frozen desserts any time of year! I also simply love fresh fruit in season and freezing is the perfect way to enjoy nature’s best whenever you want.
These are inspired by our frozen blueberry bites but sometimes those are just too small and are enjoyed too quickly. Something about a coated strawberry is just so decadent and makes me think of chocolate!
Another bonus is these yogurt and strawberries are safe for dogs, so these are the perfect treat to share with your pup! Like our Dog Friendly Banana Splits and Egg Muffin Cups, these treats are a celebration of the official launch of Bone Appétreat! Have a pup? They’ll love all the dog food recipes, nutrition tips, enrichment ideas, and gear we’ve got around here!
Ingredients for Yogurt Dipped Strawberries
Two ingredients are all you need for these yogurt covered strawberries! It takes no time at all to wash and prep your fruit, either. Honestly, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze solid!
- Fruit: Today we chose strawberries, but any fresh ripe fruit will do!
- Yogurt: Grab any yogurt you want. Greek, regular, flavored or not. Just be sure and read the ingredients carefully if you plan to make these for dogs. You don’t want artificial flavors or sweeteners for dogs (such as xylitol, which is toxic for dogs).
How to make Frozen Strawberries
Step 1: Wash and Prep
I keep the strawberries whole for a decadent look, but you can also cut them in half to make it easier to eat.
Step 2: Dip
Dip your berries into the yogurt and then set them on a parchment-lined plate or pan. If using whole berries just hold onto the leaves to dip. If you cut them, try using a couple of toothpicks to dip. Then all that’s left is to freeze. Strawberries take about 2 hours to freeze solid.
Your pup will also like
- Dog Friendly Banana Splits, which are packed with protein and fresh fruit!
- Barkuterie Boards, perfect for dog birthdays or holidays.
- Dog Popsicles, another frozen treat fit for warm weather days.
- Frozen Dog Treats, which have just 2 ingredients (and come in 5 flavor options)!
- 12 small/medium strawberries
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Prep: Wash strawberries and pat them dry. Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper.
- Coat: Holding the strawberry by the green leaves, dip each berry into the yogurt a few times to evenly coat with yogurt, then set on the prepare plate. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Optional Second Coat: For a thick, even layer of yogurt, repeat the process one more time, dipping each berry in yogurt again and freezing until solid.